What is an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number?
ITIN or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number is a tax processing number issued by the (IRS) Internal Revenue Service, income tax department of the US. ITIN is a nine digit number and always begins with the number 9 and has a 7 or 8 in the fourth digit, such as 9XX-7X-XXXX.
What is ITIN Used for?
IRS issues ITINs to help individuals comply with the U.S. tax laws, and to provide a means to efficiently process and account for tax returns and payments for those not eligible for Social Security numbers. They are issued regardless of immigration status, because both resident and nonresident aliens may have a U.S. filing or reporting requirement under the Internal Revenue Code. ITINs do not serve any purpose other than federal tax reporting.
An ITIN does not:
- Authorize work in the U.S.
- Provide eligibility for Social Security benefits
- Qualify a dependent for Earned Income Tax Credit Purposes
Do I Need an ITIN?
Does the following apply to you?
- You do not have an SSN and are not eligible to obtain one, and
- You have a requirement to furnish a federal tax identification number or file a federal tax return, and
- You are in one of the following categories
- Nonresident alien who is required to file a U.S. tax return
- U.S. resident alien who is (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return
- Dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident alien
- Dependent or spouse of a nonresident alien visa holder
- Nonresident alien claiming a tax treaty benefit
- Nonresident alien student, professor or researcher filing a U.S. tax return or claiming an exception
If so, then you must apply for ITIN.
Six reasons why you need an ITIN
Please remember, wherever SSN is asked you are able to use your ITIN number, ITIN exists only for the ones who can not obtain SSN!
How to obtain an ITIN?
The easiest and simplest way to get your ITIN is by hiring us o take care of it for you and your business, simply add ITIN to your cart. We will acquire your EIN The process takes 6 weeks.
Why get your ITIN with us?
Speed: With MyUsaLLC your request for a non-US resident ITIN can take only six weeks
Customer care: Here at MyUsaLLC, our customer service team is always present to help you with the anything you want in our website.
Price Point: For ITIN service we guarantee to have the cheapest price on the market and the fastest service. If you find any source that has better price than ours, contact us, without any question we will match their price.
need more information?
Any questions you’ve regarding our ITIN SERVICE do not hesitate to reach us!